Login/Sign Up Now
To get exclusive offersand deals.
Timings: 3rd August 11am- 12pm and 4th August 12pm- 3pm
Odissi is a holistic discipline that nurtures and beautifies body, mind, and soul. As for most bodily disciplines originated in the East, such as Yoga, training in Odissi requires focus and regular practice in order to give results. While working on the body, Odissi trains also the mind and acts at the spiritual level by allowing a process of self-discovery and self-understanding.
Odissi is for you if:
– you want to develop grace, strength, flexibility, focus, discipline and will power.
– you understand dance training as a journey for self-discovery and self-refinement
– you are not afraid of challenging your comfort zone physically, mentally and emotionally
– you are a devotee of beauty as a process of discovery of inner truths
– you believe in dance as poetry in motion
Expert: Shri Madhur Gupta
Key Moves to be taught:
• Bhumi Pranam or Salutation to Mother Earth
• Variety of steps in chauka, tribhanga, abhanga and sama in Ektali (4 beat cycle)
• Arm drills
• Torso isolations
• Hasta Mudras or single hand gestures with unique movements in Odissi style
• Padabedas or feet position
• Bhangis or stances inspired by temple sculptures
• Odissi walks
• Angikam Bhuvanam: prayer to the divine in the Universe
Do you want your child to fall in love with science? Do you want to mak